My mom and sister, Dana,came to visit for a couple of days before Emma's blessing. We did all sorts of things!

We played outside one afternoon. We blew bubbles, weeded and watered the garden, drew with chalk and just enjoyed being outside. I think Dana was even wearing her jacket!

My mom even snagged a couple pictures of me while we were playing. I don't usually get in the pictures since I'm the one taking them, but it's nice to have actual documented proof that I'm still around!
Dana had a good time with Jacob's train table. All by herself I might add...

We went to the zoo and did some new things there. We'd never ridden the boat ride before and Jacob is now addicted to it. That's all he could talk about for the next while. We went through the Lorikeet garden. Here's a couple of lorikeets. The last thing the zoo keeper said before we walked in was "don't pet the birds, they'll bite you" and what was the FIRST thing Rachel does? Pet a bird. And guess what. It bit her. You never saw such a surprised and shocked face! Guess she's gotta learn the hard way!

I also put my mom and sister to work helping me pin a quilt together and put together some cute invitations for our enrichment. Thanks so much mom!
In the middle of sacrament meeting, my mom leaned over and said "that dress looks familiar." It should! She made it almost 30 years ago for me. That's one of the most precious things I have and I'm glad I could pass it on to Emma. Who knows? Maybe she'll pass it on again in another 30 years.

3 comments:
we've been bitten by those birds so many times!! i don't even go in there anymore unless nate is with me to help supervise. glad you had so much fun with all your visitors. i'm not good at combining my family and nate's. good for you!!!
Katie you look awesome! Isn't it nice when someone else grabs the camera for once? Your kids will appreciate those rare pics with you in them. Hand that camera over to your hubby!
Emma is just adorable and I love her smile. She seems like the happiest little baby! Hope you guys are doing well! What is the next step for you?
What a cute picture of Emma after her blessing! I found it special that Emma looked about to get "fussy" just before the blessing started, but as soon as she heard her Dad's voice, she quieted down and was peaceful throughout the blessing.
Post a Comment