For some reason, Jacob has become obsessed with rattlesnakes. At first he was afraid of them. He didn't want to go on hikes or visit Arizona again for fear he'd run into a rattlesnake.
Then the fear turned into a morbid obsession. He likes to pretend he's a rattlesnake and try to bite Rachel if she comes into his "home". Rachel, of course, says "okay, bite me!" and I've put both of them in time out several times for biting each other.
Now Jacob is painting pictures of rattlesnakes. They include snakes with open mouths, rattles, a rock they live under and a person about to get bit.
Then the fear turned into a morbid obsession. He likes to pretend he's a rattlesnake and try to bite Rachel if she comes into his "home". Rachel, of course, says "okay, bite me!" and I've put both of them in time out several times for biting each other.
Now Jacob is painting pictures of rattlesnakes. They include snakes with open mouths, rattles, a rock they live under and a person about to get bit.
We just found a book about them at wal-mart. Jacob's favorite picture?
He especially likes knowing about venom: that it's made in the snakes head and comes out through it's teeth and hurts our bodies so we have to go to the hospital.
Not my most favorite subject for my 4 year old to get excited about but as long as the snakes are behind glass at the zoo and relegated to the pages of a book at home, I think I can handle all the willies I get!

3 comments:
I guess as long as all this knowledge doesn't give him a false sense of security, it is probably a great thing!
AAAAhhh!! That snake picture (with the dripping venom and fangs) is terrifying! Jacob is SO cute - a boy through and through! Awesome artwork!
great artwork :)
Post a Comment