Wednesday, April 22, 2009

5 Weeks and Counting!

It's been fun adjusting to three kids. We've been very blessed because Emma is a pretty happy baby and the kids just adore her. Rachel always wants to help pat Emma's back or talk to her or touch her. It's been a little tricky because both kids have had runny noses and coughs for the last 6 weeks and I'm not about to let them get too close! Emma is pretty happy and has been smiling for a few weeks now. Here's some of her early baby smiles:


Emma had her month checkup this week and she now weighs 9lbs 5oz. Not too bad for being 6lbs 15oz when she was born! She's now in the 60% for weight, and 85% for length. She's also sleeping well at night and will go between 4-6 hours for one stretch. Yea for sleeping babies!

Rachel loves to help, but she also likes to pretend. Her bears have spent plenty of time being snapped into the carseat and bouncer. They've also had lots of diaper changes. Here Rachel is attempting the leg hold and diapering at the same time. Already practicing for her divine role...and she's only two!


Keeping Jacob and Rachel busy has been a challenge for me. I'm not very good at entertaining my kids and all the feeding I do and the time we're spending at home has led to some crazy antics by my children...at least, the antics drive ME crazy! I think that was my greatest underestiment (is that even a word?) about having three kids -keeping the older ones busy. So we've gone to the dollar store and craft store and stocked up on some dollar deals to keep them busy. We've done pipe cleaners, coloring books, puzzles, homemade playdoh, watercolors, and of course, playing outside in the dirt. Here they're happily painting some wooden birdhouses.




Jacob does well with our projects but Rachel's attention span is still pretty short. but they both still like new, fun things. Can't wait to see what fun thing we discover next!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

It's great to see an update on you guys. It looks like you're adjusting to three!

Unknown said...

Emma's got such great cheeks! I guess she got ya'll's (is that a word? Can we make it one?) height!

love Rachel's bear diaper change!

I'll bet you're happy the weather is nicer than all that rain at the beginning of the week!

Jennifer Kendall said...

I love that your baby is smiling and sleeping for you! How rewarding. Babies are the best. All your kids are so darling.

Michelle said...

KATIE YOU ARE AMAZING!! 3!! Emma is so precious! I have to admit I am pretty jealous that she's sleeping so well already . . . Jealous, but very happy for you!