Monday, October 22, 2007

Hiking

We went on a hike last week to check out the fall colors and enjoy the weather. Columbus has some great parks and we've decided to check them all out before we leave here. I just love fall. It's always been my favorite season, but here in the east it takes a new meaning.


Jacob's always rarin' to go. And he usually stays a few steps ahead of me the whole time.




After those first few steps, Jacob came running back to me saying "a 'take' mommy!" Sure enough, he ran across a baby snake making it's way across the trail. I'm not sure what kind of snake it is, but since baby rattlesnakes don't have fully developed rattles, I did a quick check of the immediate area and was relieved to find it quiet!



Rachel likes to hike too. Maybe it's just the leaves she likes. I won't let her eat them (except for one time when I wasn't paying attention) but as long as I don't take it away, the screaming stays to a minimum.



I always thought Ohio was considered part of the east, but most people consider it part of the midwest. I can certainly agree with a beautiful scene like this one. You'd half expect a tractor or a tornado to blow through here!

1 comment:

janessa gibson said...

That's beautiful guys! I'm jealous...