Rachel sure has a pair of lungs. They get a regular workout throughout the day...just to keep them in shape, I'm sure. She only has two volumes, normal and full-blast. I find myself wanting to yell back at her just to make myself heard. Michael is very patient with me and reminds me often that the way to dissuade the habit is to speak softly to her. Plus we don't want Jacob to start screaming at her either. He already thinks it's funny to join in, or to scream first so Rachel will follow.
Most of the time the screaming isn't angry or mad. It's like...that's just how she prefers to communicate. I'm reminded of the nickname my parents gave me when I was a baby: "Caterwauling Kate". Rachel may look like her daddy, but I think she gets more from her mommy than Jacob ever did! I sure hope that doesn't mean Rachel and I will be butting heads for the rest of my life. In the mean time, we'll be keeping the windows and sliding door shut much more than usual!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Caterwauling Kate, no!!
Don't worry, we are only entertained at lunch and dinner! And that's only if the windows are opened!
Post a Comment