Our ward coordinated a hike recently that took us up a trail to see the site for the Phoenix Temple. It hasn't broken ground yet due to some...opposition but should be started soon. I was told the hike was doable for an 18 month old in about 1/2 and hour so I figured two little girls and a very pregnant Mommy could make the hike by ourselves without any problems. (I had sent Michael to Las Vegas to watch Jimmer Fredette play one last time for his birthday present.) It was a fun adventure but whoa, that hike was nothing like I thought! Emma couldn't walk at all so I carried her much of the way. And Rachel kept saying she wanted to get to the top...Well, let's just say we were the last ones down the mountain. :)
For all of the terrain difficulty, we still had fun. We love to hike, even if we can't tackle the toughest mountains.
The temple site. It will be built right next to the exisiting church.
Taking a break. We had some very kind friends who walked a while with us, helping out with Emma and then drove us down the road to our car at the end. A BIG thanks to them! Our tired little legs might not have made it much further. :) But it was nothing a dilly bar at Dairy Queen couldn't cure!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wait..am I understanding that you are expecting?! Why did I not know this? I know Michael and Nate have talked...I guess it never came up! Congrats to you!!!!
wait, I'm with Laura... you're prego? When are you due, girl? Congrats! Do you guys know yet what you're having?
"Very pregnant mommy" sounds like you've been keeping a secret for a while! Congrats!! You gave Michael an awesome birthday present, and that Emma is a DOLL! Happy second birthday to her!
Congrats on the baby to be. Looks like you guys are living in a fun place.
I'm impressed that you went... It might take some convincing for me to do that right now. Way to go!
Congrats.... you are so sneaky. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear more...I need to send you an email.. I don't even have your mailing address!
Post a Comment