We have had a LOT of snow! Well, a lot for Columbus, Ohio. We had three storms, all within a 2 1/2 weeks. We've had 4 or 5 snow days and countless afternoons of shoveling and playing in the snow. The kids couldn't be happier!
I think this was after the last storm. We had about 2 - 2 1/2 feet (I think. Maybe 3 feet) of snow and we had a mountain shoveled next to our driveway! It was taller than Jacob! And boy, do the kids LOVE to climb on it! One of Rachel's favorite books is The Snowy Day and the little boy likes to "climb up big tall heaping mountains of snow". They were imagining they were living this story.
Playing in all that snow is exhausting!
While climbing on the shoveled mountain, the kids sometimes fall down under the big bush out front. Rachel was calling "Mommy! Help me!" I couldn't help but laugh and take a picture! And yes, she is hanging onto the snow there. Her feet weren't on the ground.
Somehow Rachel discovered that she could eat snow. I don't think anyone showed her this but it is such a Rachel thing to do. Once I found her flat out on her tummy licking snow as she crawled. She couldn't figure out why her lips were so chapped that night!
Our "killer" icicles. This picture was taken after the second storm. We got another foot a week later as well as warmer temps so the snow melted into HUGE icicles. Some were half way to the ground!
Emma enjoying the cold. She wanted so much to go crawling around in the snow. But I think the cold wind was a little too much for her!
The kids were big helpers when I had to shovel. They liked to help me with their kid shovel, make tracks in the snow, climb on mountains and look for sticks. We went sledding down some hills we made in the front and back yards and even made a cave in one of the hills. Once all the snow was shoveled, I cut out some seats for Jacob and Rachel with the shovel. "It's RACHEL sized!" P.S. check out those AWESOME snow gloves we found online! They're called L-bow gloves and we never worry about Rachel's gloves falling off or that wrist ring of snow anymore. Pure heaven.
SNOW much fun!!
SNOW much fun!!

2 comments:
Now THAT'S a lot of snow!! I love their smiles in the last picture--It says it all!
Love your pics! We didn't get out to play as often as the kids would have liked, but I think we got our fair share of snow this winter! Where did you get those gloves for Rachel?! We need some for Jolie.
Post a Comment