Friday, November 20, 2009

Jacob's Birthday Part 2

Jacob had a wonderful birthday. We took cupcakes to his preschool class. you'd think that if Jacob chose green frosting, it would be one of his favorite colors. But no, he just wanted to watch the colors change when we added blue and yellow food coloring. (I told him NO on purple frosting) THe trains were chocolate molds that I've always wanted to try. Not too hard if you're making something one color, but if you want to make something several colors, it's gets more time and skill intesive. Still, very yummy.

We went and got a birthday balloon (The train was out so he settled for Curious George) and went to Rita's. We had pizza for dinner and an ice cream cake for dessert. Opening presents was a lot of fun! I'm surprised he could wait as long as he did!

Grandma Simpson sent an awesome magnetic set. The pieces snap together with enclosed magnets and the building options are endless! Both kids love these things. Honestly, I like playing with them too!

Grandma Gibson sent some truck sheets. Jacob opened it and gasped. "Oh I LOVE these!" He took them out of the packages and spread them all across the floor. Without 1 wrinkle in them.

Mommy and Daddy gave Jacob a special candymelt chocolate bar (from a mold like the trains above) and a wooden fire engine that you can screw together.


Happy Birthday Jacob!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday! I can't believe how big!

Jennifer Kendall said...

so cute, love the cupcakes.