Ahh, plane travel. The only realistic option of seeing family when we live, like, 20 states away. Then why on earth does it have to be so STINKIN expensive!? I could buy 7 months worth of groceries for the price of flying my family to Grandma's house! So here's my question: how do you all do it? How do you manage to make several airplane trips a year? Sure I can handle Booking Buddy and Southwest Ding but there must be a secret that I don't know about. If you have one, please share!
Please?
Please?

3 comments:
I often wonder this, too. The price of tickets to idaho is precisely the reason we never go. when we went to paris for spring break a few years ago, our plane tickets plus hotel for a week was the same price as it was for us to fly to idaho for christmas. i think the secret for some lucky people may be that 3rd parties are chipping in on the expense, which is not an option for us...just my thoughts!
If you don't travel at the holidays, it's a lot cheaper. Also, plan enough in advance that you can watch for good deals. Southwest will give your money back if the price goes down after you buy your tickets.
The other thing we have done is set up a permanent travel category in our budget. Then it's not quite as painful when you buy tickets if you save a little each month instead of taking such a big chunk out of savings.
I know it gets expensive as your family grows!
I agree with checking prices all the time. I always try to do the most flexible search possible with my time and days. I was able to find tickets for $100 dollars a person from Orlando, FL to Seatle, WA this past march after checking for a couple months. I find the tickets using Expedia, orbitz, or cheap tickets but then I usually book the ticket with the actual airline because the tickets are usually $10 dollars cheaper there.
Good Luck! :)
Post a Comment