Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yes, I'm due. No, no baby.

That's right. Today's the due date! I went to see the doctor today and she was pretty encouraging. I've moved up to a 2-1/2(cm) and she said she'd be surprised if I made it another week. That being said, we still scheduled an induction for next Thursday so I'll have this baby by then no matter what. We're all hoping this weekend is the magical moment though since Michael has no patients scheduled Monday and no class on Tuesday. Gee. That would make things a lot easier! BTW, thanks to all of you who have offered to help. We appreciate it and will probably take you up on it!

Funny thing...over the last week or so, Rachel's gotten VERY clingy to me and wants me whenever she sees Michael. This is really odd because she LOVES daddy and usually wants him to do everything for her when he's home. She's also gotten out her baby and been feeding it and changing it and putting it to sleep a lot more than she ever did. Maybe she can sense something's coming! Who knows?

5 comments:

janessa gibson said...

Keep us posted! We're excited for you!

Unknown said...

i like how your lil widget on the side of your blog doesn't get the whole "past-your-due-date" thing. Apparantly, your baby is 1 day old. ;)
Not that we're especially great at taking care of kids, or anything actually useful... but I would be happy to make you dinner sometime, or we could take the kids to the park if the weather is nice. Whatever would be helpful. I'm sure your ward is coordinating most things for you, but give me a call (SERIOUSLY) if you need something. Or just WANT something!
614-572-4852

also, Rachel's behavior is really cute! It DOES seem like she's getting the gist of the changes about to take place!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Good luck Katie! We'll be thinking of you!

Kellie said...

Oh those last days are the hardest! Hang in there.

Malinovka said...

Hang in there, Katie!! Hope it comes BEFORE the induction date, and preferably, when Michael is available! Hope Rachel decides to like Michael again once the baby comes. :) And, your quilt squares look GORGEOUS! You are so on the ball.