We got to spend Christmas in Arizona this year visiting my (katie's) family. In planning this trip both Michael and I realized that it's been 3 years since we've been to either of our homes although we've still seen our families. Yikes! 3 years? All six of us kids (plus spouses and grandchildren) were all together under one 3 bedroom roof for just under 24 hours on Christmas day. It was a blast!
There were lots of cousins and that means instant friends. Rachel loved getting hugs from Grace...

...and playing with her toy tea set too!
My dad pulled out his model trains while Jacob was there. He was very content to be right in the middle of everything. He told me at breakfast that he only wanted a little cereal so he could go outside and play with Grandad. Apparently a full meal would have taken much too long!
The weather warmed up a little for us and Jacob spent almost a whole day outside. I'm not quite sure what he was doing since I was packing up to go home but he must have had a great time! I think the hose was involved and my dad mentioned that he found a shovel just Jacob's size.
Jacob had a very important job, I'm sure!
The kids also enjoyed our orange tree. Jacob must have thought we'd gone to the magical place where trees grow oranges. My dad stood and peeled and peeled and peeled and the kids must have eaten about 8 oranges between them!
We also got to visit my grandparents Gibson while we were in Arizona. I can't believe how many memories I remembered and how nostalgic I felt when listening to my grandfather play his guitar. Life couldn't be better. When can we go back?
The weather warmed up a little for us and Jacob spent almost a whole day outside. I'm not quite sure what he was doing since I was packing up to go home but he must have had a great time! I think the hose was involved and my dad mentioned that he found a shovel just Jacob's size.
Jacob had a very important job, I'm sure!The kids also enjoyed our orange tree. Jacob must have thought we'd gone to the magical place where trees grow oranges. My dad stood and peeled and peeled and peeled and the kids must have eaten about 8 oranges between them!
We also got to visit my grandparents Gibson while we were in Arizona. I can't believe how many memories I remembered and how nostalgic I felt when listening to my grandfather play his guitar. Life couldn't be better. When can we go back?

No comments:
Post a Comment