Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Day

Like every other good American, we voted on Tuesday. It's been an interesting experience to vote in a continual swing state. People here get really into each election. Signs dot yards, bumper stickers are rampant and discussions can get heated. Lines at the voting polls are usually long too. But we got lucky this year. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I got the trusty "I Voted" sticker and gave it to Jacob when I got home. But apparently that sticker was magic because it got Jacob a free donut at Krispy Kreme. He proudly wore his "donut sticker" all afternoon and after dinner we went and got a couple of patriotic donuts. Mmmm....Donuts.


2 comments:

Malinovka said...

You'd think I would know where a Krispy Kreme is so that I could have taken advantage... I'm glad someone did!

Jennifer Kendall said...

I miss living in a swing state and feeling like my vote matters!! I am glad that you guys got to vote AND got doughnuts. What a fun day! :)