Happy 4th Birthday Jacob!
Jacob celebrated his 4th birthday on Sunday and as he told me before dinner "mommy, I'm really having fun today!"
On saturday, we went and he picked out a birthday balloon. There were lots of different kinds of balloons but as soon as he saw the train balloon, there was no other option.
Jacob woke up to his bedroom floor and the downstairs floor covered with balloons. He picked all of the blue ones out and put them in a special place (under daddy's chair) and then put the rest of the balloons in the corner. Rachel was only to happy to run and flop into the middle of them!
During Primary, Jacob was sung a happy birthday song and got to choose a pencil. He's been looking forward to that for a long time! Then we made his requested pizza for dinner and explained the coolness of the red birthday plate. He even got to talk to Grandad and Grandma during dinner.
Jacob's train cake. He wanted it almost exactly like his 2nd birthday cake. I know it's no "
Kristy Special" but I'm still pretty proud of it!
Jacob sporting his birthday hat that he made and awaiting the eagerly anticipated cake. Funny thing, he ate all his ice cream, ate all the frosting and then said "I don't like this cake".
Rachel enjoyed it though!
Opening presents was a lot of fun. When I went to wrap them with Rachel, Jacob asked if he could come too. "I WON'T peek mommy! I'll close my eyes and THEN help you wrap them!" Yeah right! He enjoyed his nighttime sounds book from Grandma and Grandpa Simpson. Rachel gave him a train coloring book and mommy and daddy gave him some play dough and tools. At this moment, he has already read the book again, colored two pages in his coloring book and is happily cutting out stars and trains with his play dough.
Looks like another
happy birthday for Jacob!
Good thing we've got Rachel's birthday in a couple of weeks, I don't think he can wait another year for balloons and cake! I don't think Rachel can either. She was pretty jealous of all the fun things for Jacob. She keeps saying "Racho's birday!"
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jacob!! What a fun day you had for him.
What an awesome cake!! I am so impressed. Looks like it was a fun birthday all the way around.
Happy Birthday Jacob!! Cool cake Katie! You are a great Mom!
Happy Birthday Jacob!!! We are all healthy again, but headed out of town Sat. We will call you when we get back! Happy birthday to Rach too ina couple weeks!
I'd be pretty darn proud of that cake too. It's amazing!
i think "i don't like this cake" means he wants more sweets. cause kylie will do the same thing. give her some candy and then "i didn't like that candy i need a new one" i just remind her we have a you pick once only rule lol
I'm very impressed by your cake. It sure beats the wal-mart sugar cookies I gave to Caroline a few years ago...
Awesome cakes Katie! You are ever amazing. It's hard to believe Jacob and especially Rachel are so old and grown up- but just as cute as ever!
Post a Comment