Sunday, October 5, 2008

It was the best of times...It was the worst of times

It's been pretty crazy at our house the last few days with both ups and downs.

Can I just say that viruses are the bane of my existance? Jacob came down with something Tuesday night. Thursday morning we took him in because Michael found inflamed tonsils with white spots. The strep tests came back negative. Meanwhile, Jacob was going crazy. He was on medicine (tylenol & Motrin) 24 hours a day and still waking up every hour and laying around the house all day not eating or sleeping. I think the poor nurse at the doctor's office thought I was crazy. I guess I was. With no sleep and and very miserable three year old, who wouldn't be? We took him again Saturday morning after another sleepless night. Strep test still negative. The doctor said it was probably just some adenoid virus and he'll get over it. Inside I was screaming just SOMEBODY give me some medicine!. No such luck. Viruses always have to work their way through the poor kid (at the expense of the poor parent). Never a medicine. Never a cure. Just time.


Upwise, How about those Cougars! What welcome entertainment on Friday night. We actually got to WATCH the game since it was broadcast on KBYU and anyone can watch it online. It was awesome. I'd almost forgotten how exciting games are. Don't get me wrong. KSL's Greg Wrubell makes things exciting. In fact, he's almost like a good friend and we missed his educated commentary during the game (Where do they GET some of these announcers?), but nothing compares to actually watching BYU football. The cougars played a great game and the first half was unbelievable. Bronco Mendenhall has done a great job with the football program. A GREAT job. For a game recap check out the BYU sports link to the bottom right of our links bar.

Another up was watching conference. For those unfamiliar with it, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) holds a general conference every 6 months. That means we get to hear from the living prophet and other general officers of the church. How thrilling! They prepare their talks with much fasting & prayer and we're asked to receive them the same way. The results are always uplifting, inspiring and just what I need. If you're interested, the talks are always archived on http://www.lds.org/.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

When I was a kid (in like 2nd grade) I had to get my tonsils out. I was sick a lot and they kept testing me for strep and it kept coming back negative. I don't remember what finally made them decide to take my tonsils out, but when they did, they found MASSIVE amounts of strep in them. It was just being elusive, I suppose. Hopefully Jacob feels better soon! (Or they can figure out what's going on.)

Larsens said...

Poor guy! Poor mother! I feel for you, Katie.
Glad you were able to watch the game. The first quarter was the best and then it was downhill from there. BUT, it was still a win. It was fun to be in Logan to witness all of it.