Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Jacob

The other day in the car Jacob asked out of the blue:

J: "Mommy, How do we go to Heavenly Father's house?"
M: "well, we have to make good choices during our lives and be baptized and repent and then after we die we can go to live with Heavenly Father again."
J: "No, HOW do we get there?"
M: "Hmmm...That's a good question. Heavenly Father lives above the earth a long way away."
J: "Maybe we ride a BIG rocket because them can go REALLY high up into the air!"
M: "Maybe."

After a few minutes of thought:
J: "Maybe we ride in an airplane!"

The next day he asked again. So I explained that there are some things that we DON'T know and I wasn't exactly sure how we get there but I do know that we will if we make the right choices.
Jacob's answer: "Maybe Heavenly Father comes down and gets us....Or maybe we ride a rocket!"

At dinner Michael mentioned that Jesus floats down to earth...like a balloon. Jacob didn't like that answer because balloons float UP. How about a balloon withOUT helium Jacob? He's still thinking about it. He didn't like my final answer either about moving by faith and the priesthood, but what can I say? I don't understand it fully either!

Here he is, only three years old and already pondering questions that have stumped even the wisest intellectuals for years. I can't wait to see what he'll ponder next!

2 comments:

Celissa said...

Hooray for 3 year olds! Without them how would we know that rockets can make it all the way to Heavenly Father! I love all the things they think about and the simplicity of their thinking. I guess that is why we are supposed to be more like them.

Celissa said...

Katie, congrats on making it to 20 weeks! Halfway there. Hip hip hooray!