Friday, October 24, 2008

In Stitches...again.

Yes, that's right. We did it again. This time it was Jacob's turn. Running on tile with socks on should be outlawed. Oh wait, it is. At least in our house. But before I could remind Jacob, he had already fallen down with a small stream of blood oozing out of the back of his head.


He was a great helper and laid still on his tummy while I put pressure on it and called the doctor. I'm not very calm with pain situations and since Michael was gone this time, I had to "play" with the wound myself to make sure it hadn't gone through to the bone or that the skull wasn't mushy under it.


The nurse suggested I butterfly the owie and take him in to Urgent care when it opened (5 hours later) so they could check it. At urgent care they said it was bordeline and the doctor suggested we put a "stitch bandaid" on it so his scar would be minimal.


Jacob was quite a helper and waited patiently (well, as patiently as a 3 year old COULD wait!). He was a little nervous but when the nurse promised him a popsicle when they were finished, he was good as gold for the rest of the time. In the car on the way home he said "I LIKE purple popsicles! Let's go to the doctor again so I can have another one!" Michael and I just looked at each other and smiled.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric's comment on this post was "what a varmint!" Hope Jacob is doing pretty well now and that no new stitching 'events' pop up any time soon! ;)

Larsens said...

what a trooper!

Grandpa S said...

Small price to pay for a PURPLE popsicle!