We visited a couple of the Smithsonians while we were there. The first was the Natural History Museum. Jacob loved the dinosaurs and animals. The rocks and meteorites were pretty cool too.
But the biggest attraction, by far, were the interactive buttons.
We also went to the air and space museum. Unfortunately, I was having such a great time that I was a lousy photographer! Needless to say, between Craig and I, we were not hurting for a tour guide. After the air and space museum the kids found some rocks and dirt to play in. They were pretty excited.
We visited Arlington Cemetery and this was a picture of the Women's memorial. I liked it because it reminded me of the Horseshoe. Go Bucks!
We swung by the temple on our way out of town. I've gotten so used to our small Ohio temple that the D.C. temple seemed HUGE! It was beautiful though. There was a nature trail around the back of it which was shaded enough to barely survive the heat.
Our visit was so much fun and much too short. Jacob keeps asking to go back to Washington D.C. but I think that's more because he misses Grace and Abby than the things we saw or did!

No comments:
Post a Comment