Monday, March 10, 2008

The Blizzard of '08

Yes, that is seriously what the news weathermen are calling our weekend snowstorm. Granted, it was a blizzard. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be driving ANYWHERE in it. But that "name" gives you a little bit of an idea of how Ohioans handle snow. They don't. Lucky for me I'm married to an Idaho boy who knows when it's safe and when it's not and also knows how to get his car out of a plowed curbside parking spot.

Here's a few pictures:


It was so much fun watching the snow pile up. I don't think I've ever been in a snowstorm with so much accumulation at one time! The snow was a foot above our back door and we have an 8-10" drop from our back door to the ground.

After the blizzard stopped and before we realized that we didn't have any church the next day, we first, went and played and second, shoveled a patch from the back door to the car and then we shoveled out the car. We were ready for Sunday. And then we learned they cancelled church. Oh well!


Jacob and Michael had a great time in the snow. I think Michael was equally as excited as Jacob was!

In the days following the storm, the temperatures have been rising. That means we've had some GREAT packing snow! Michael made a snowman as tall as he on our front sidewalk and I convinced Jacob to help me build a snowfort in the back. Michael says I'm making up for all the time of not having snow as a kid. He's probably right.

4 comments:

aquabatgirl said...

that was quite the storm wasn't it? and you guys got even more snow then we did up there in columbus. not sorry to say i am not making up for not having grown up in the snow. i take the kids out and that's about it. usually kylie ends up playing by herself while i head inside. she takes after james that's for sure lol

Larsens said...

I saw the snow plows in Columbus on TV and thought about you. I knew you would make most of it by building something or just playing in it with the kids.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

You're such a good mom to be out there building snow forts. Poor Olivia and Andrew just watch from the window at Jacob and Katie playing in the snow. I don't think I could bend over to build anything at this point if I tried! Thanks for the yummy treats Sunday! I love being your neighbor!

Katie said...

Ang, I'm not about to give birth in less than a week!