Saturday, November 3, 2007

Two Little Angels

Getting Jacob and Rachel to play together nicely seems to be a lot harder than I thought. The moments of displayed affection are rare but angelically sweet. They are also very random. I was playing with Rachel on the floor (she likes to climb on people for fun) and Jacob climbed on too and gave Rachel some hugs. I had the best seat in the house, but luckily Michael was home to grab the camera!

One thing I've learned as a parent is that most of the time my job is to keep my kids from killing themselves and each other, but that long hum-drum trudge is punctuated by brilliantly beautiful moments that you tuck away for those times (there are many I'm afraid!) where you throw up your hands and say "I can't do this anymore!/Why am I doing this again?"
This was sure brilliantly beautiful.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I agree Katie!

aquabatgirl said...

how cute!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, except right now I am focusing on one kid not killing himself- I can't wait to have two!