Monday, December 10, 2012

I like my Birthdays, Every One...

Autumn brings birthdays in our family. We started with Jacob, who turned 8 this year. Birthdays are special and involve balloons, decorations, choice of dinner and personalized cakes. I'm certainly not the best cake decorator but I enjoy a good challenge. It's a good thing too because Jacob asked for something that stretched my skills: a Jedi Temple. And that was after I talked him out of a 3-D Jedi Cruiser.
 
 
It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but it's pretty good for carving cake with an electric knife and gluing with frosting! Jacob was happy with it though and that is what is most important.
 
 
8 is a special age in our church and we have long been preparing Jacob for baptism and the covenants he makes at that time. Our whole family has been looking forward to the first of many baptisms in our family. Grandma and Grandpa flew in and we spent a fun few days with them. Grandma and Grandad and Great-Grandad came up from Casa Grande and we were happy to have them all there. Afterward we enjoyed dinner and a family guitar concert. Congratulations Jacob!
 

Rachel's birthday is right after Jacob's and she got the celebratory balloons, decorations and dinner of choice as well. She chose to have a bride cake (she is obsessed with brides right now) so that was a fun and easy cake to make. It's a good thing too because instead of having her birthday dinner the night after like we planned, our meetings that night were cancelled and I had to throw together dinner and bake and decorate a cake in about 3 hours. We finished just in time! Happy birthday Rachel!

1 comment:

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Awesome cakes. Such a fun way to celebrate birthdays!