Halloween is a major holiday in our family. My kids LOVE it. The idea of being a different person for the night is exciting and they often plan for months what they will be. I always give them a cutoff date though so I can have enough time to make their vision a reality. This year, Jacob is very excited about Star Wars and has infected his sisters with that excitement as well.
Jacob was determined to be Obi Wan Kenobi in his clone war armor. Rachel most often pretends to be Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's padawan (clone wars) and Emma wanted to be R2D2. He's just so cool! So Michael and I decided to dress up with the kids.
We waited for them to make up their minds and then picked from whatever was left. I chose to be Princess Leia and Michael got to be my love interest, Han Solo. It was cool to dress up as a family and the kids loved seeing the transformation as we got ready to go. They kept calling us Leia and Han like we were all best friends.
We had a great time at the ward party. Emma got the most comments of coolness, even by bored teenagers that don't care about anything except candy. On our way home from trick-or-treating on halloween, Emma asked, "Why do people keep saying that I look so cute?" (which, to Emma, is almost an insult!) I just told her that they liked her costume. I didn't tell her it was because she IS so cute.

6 comments:
Katie you look so awesome!! LOVE all the costumes!
Oh my goodness. SO awesome. Seriously Katie, you look amazing! Everyone else looks great and Emma looks super cute. (Don't tell her I said that. ;) )
Um, those costumes are to die for!!! You guys did a great job! love 'em!
Okay, I just made a mental note to check your blog after Halloween every year for the rest of my life - YOU GUYS LOOK AMAZING! Katie, you are fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the great pics! (I love the Emma story - so, so funny:)
In case you didn't completely amaze and impress me before you totally do now. By the way you two have to be the best looking Han and Leia I have ever seen. Someday I hope to make sure cool costumes.
Love the costumes.... you guys rock!
Post a Comment