Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is such a fun holiday, especially with kids! We had a ward party the night before where we went trunk or treating. That was the first time we ever actually went trunk or treating because we always got rained out in Ohio. Couldn't complain about the weather this year!


Jacob wanted to be something SCARY so he settled on a spider. Rachel had to be something we already had a costume for and she opted for Clifford rather than Cinderella. ?! So we matched Emma in the T-Bone costume. Michael took the spider web costume and I got the dog catcher one. I did do my fair share of dog catching, that's for sure! Although Michael caught some too.

The kids were so excited to dress up but Emma was scared of her costume for a while. To get her excited about putting it on, I held it up and said "Doggy!" and then barked. Emma thought that was pretty great until I tried to put the doggy ON her! It wasn't until I gave her some candy corn that she settled down and helped me out.

Once at the party, Emma was all smiles! She had grapes and cheetos for dinner and what? People were just HANDING her candy!?

Riding on the wagon ride was fun. Jacob said that they spun donuts (cookies, brodies, whatever!) at the end of the parking lot. He thought that was pretty cool. The only one who didn't have a fabulous time was Rachel who was at the peak of a tummy bug. She spent half the night laying on the floor of the van. Poor Clifford. :(

Digging in the rocks. How appropriate!

Jacob really got excited about all of his candy this year. He was pouring over it all the way until bedtime. Mommy was helping him. :)

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

janessa gibson said...

Very cute kiddo! Looks like a good Halloween year! Your home looks beautiful!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Such cute kids! I'm sad Rachel wasn't able to really enjoy it. Hopefully she feels better now!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Great costumes as usual!