Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goings On

We have been incredibly busy gearing up for our move to Phoenix in a month or so. That means lots of organizing, sorting, donating, selling, deciding and packing. But we've also had time for some fun too.

The Ohio State Endo department had their annual "graduation" party with all of the residents, faculty and staff. The graduates are honored and it was exciting that it was finally Michael's turn. These are all of the faculty and the residents in Michael's class. And yes, that is the department head putting bunny ears on Dr. Reader.

We also took a trip to Tulsa for my dad's annual county agent convention. Everyone got to come, including my grandfather Gibson and we had so much fun, I can't even tell you! This was at the Tulsa zoo. They have a fountain with a large granite ball that you can roll. Everyone got wet and it was quite welcome!

Playing at a water park with Aunt Melanie.

I just love this picture of Jacob. The look on his face is hilarious!


Emma met Corban for the first time. They are only a few months apart and enjoyed poking each other.

We loved having Great-Grandad there. It was nice to get together again!


This was typical of putting the kids together in a hotel room. My dad just sat back and enjoyed himself. This picture captures the whole essence, blurry kids and all. I love how Rachel tucked my dad in with a blanket and a bear. :)


Touring the Blue Bell ice cream factory. Their coconut white chocolate almond was fantastic, by the way.


Jacob was working on a project and unbeknownst to him, he had marker all OVER his face. I didn't even tell him, just took a picture and then showed him the picture.


Another visit to the zoo = good memories.






The kids took their periscopes to the zoo. It actually helped them see better and kept them busy. Love it!


And here is some Emma silliness. I sure love that girl!


My angel.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how big Emma is getting! What a cutie!

Also, I hadn't heard you were moving to Phoenix! How exciting! Glad you'll get out before winter.... :) Good luck with the move!

Malinovka said...

I'm glad you're getting some fun in with all the busyness of packing and moving soon! Good luck!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Oh wow Katie, your kids are growing up! Look at Emma! She's such a little girl now! I bet you're excited to get back to Phoenix. How exciting. Congrats! And now on to the rest of your life!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I didn't remember that you took that picture of us walking in the water park. It was all so fun to be together and get to know everyone a little better! Hopefully we can see you again soon.