Friday, April 23, 2010

Temple Visit

Kristy and Peter came to visit for their regular temple visit recently. On their way out of town, they wanted to take their kids to walk around the temple grounds. We decided to tag along.

It's been a long time since I worked in the temple and I am realizing that I miss it very much. While working there I gained such a love and respect for that beautifully sacred place.

While we were there, I ran into some of my most favorite people in the whole world that I used to work with in the temple. It really was a joyous meeting for me. I have such love and respect for the workers in the temple. Most of them have suffered heartbreak and serious trials in their life and every week they come to the temple with a smile on their face and you'd never know what they'd been through. Such wonderful examples of how I should be...

The kids loved walking around the temple, seeing the flowers and trees. They also loved being together!



I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday,
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is the House of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young.
This is my sacred duty.

No comments: