We recently celebrated 2 birthdays. Michael's was first and he didn't want a big fuss made. So we decorated the house with streamers and balloons when he was gone. I made an ice cream cake (which recipe I think I have unlocked) and we had pizza for dinner. He got a few presents and cards that he enjoyed but over all, it was pretty low key.
P.s. Recipe for ice cream cake: 1 layer of vanilla, oreo crumbs, hot fudge, then 1 layer of any other ice cream. Tastes fabulous!
The next birthday we had was Emma's first! My baby is already one. Wow, time DOES go by fast.
We got her a birthday balloon and decorated with streamers and balloons. The kids love waking up to their room filled with balloons on their birthday and when Jacob woke up on Emma's birthday he said "hey, where are the balloons?" I had to remind him it was EMMA'S birthday and that he might want to check EMMA'S room! Even though it was Emma's birthday, everyone celebrated!
My mom always made a carousel cake for our first birthdays so that's something I've done for my kids too. This is the best one so far. Pretty and pink, just like my angel. My sister is FABULOUS at cakes and here is her last carousel cake.
Emma enjoyed her cake. A lot. She didn't dig in to the big cake though. She daintily picked the frosting off the side and ate it.
A little about Emma: - She loves rolling and throwing balls.
- She doesn't walk yet, but is now trying with the walker we gave her.
- She LOVES Jacob. Those two are best friends.
- She is starting to do some sign language
- She holds conversations with us using voice inflection and various noises, we just don't know what she's saying!
- She is so self-entertained! She wanders around playing with all the toys. Very low maintenence.
- She hates being left in her crib. When she wants out, she wants out NOW.
- She's such an angel and the sweetest baby in the world.
Happy Birthday Emma!

3 comments:
Happy first birthday, Emma! That carousel cake is amazing! Seriously, Katie, I can't believe the stuff you do. I'm so glad you have such a good baby. :) I love your birthday traditions, and I'm glad Michael had a great day too.
Happy Birthday to both Michael and Emma. That cake is something else. Wow. You are so talented.
darling cake!! can't believe that she is one!!
Post a Comment