Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthday et al

We celebrated my 29th birthday a little while ago. The kids were VERY excited for a birthday. Jacob told me over and over again that the only reason he was excited was birthday cake. Can't blame him, really! So we made it a fun day. We went on a hike at one of the metro parks here. It was pretty chilly. But gorgeous. The fall colors are beautiful this year. Jacob was pretty excited about this big stump he found.


Everbody say "I love hiking!"

My birthday cake. I tried to do a little creative decorating, but it didn't turn out quite like I planned. That's okay. It still tasted good!



I love all of the different colors that are around town right now. Maple trees are my favorite, but this is still a gorgeous site out my front window.



Last weekend we visited our local fire house which was having an open house. The kids got to sit in the fire engine and ambulance and steer the wheel and push all the buttons. Rachel somehow managed to turn the lights (but not the siren!) on. Leave it to Rachel...

Jacob obviously had a great time. One of the firemen tucked him under his arm and answered all of his questions and explained the uses of things very thoroughly. Just right for Jacob. As we were about to leave, Jacob sweet talked another fireman into letting them sit in the airport rescue truck. Rachel got her turn as well and both were sad we had to leave.

This is just a cute picture of Emma sporting her White (pink) and Blue. You know, it's so much fun to hear the kids singing the BYU fight song. I've sung it around the house, here and there on game days and now Rachel requests it. I hear them singing "we will fight, day or night, rain or snow" over and over again and Rachel tells me every time "make sure you sing the part about the 'sons and daughters!'" Start them young, right?


8 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday! your cake looks gorgeous!

Larsens said...

First of all, that cake looks so yummy. I want to take a bite of it.
Second, I LOVE Jacob's face when he is sitting in the fire engine. Just pure joy.
I can't believe how big Emma is. I'm glad you are starting them young with the Cougar fight song. Good for you.

Go Cougars tomorrow!

Malinovka said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake looked GREAT! Too bad you had to make it yourself... What a great birthday activity--we really need to get out to the metro parks. LOVED the fire truck outing! I've been dying to take my kids and never hear about that stuff. Hopefully we'll get our chance soon enough. And I love how your kids are singing the BYU fight song. TOO cute!

Jennifer Kendall said...

happy birthday... cute cake!

McKenna Gordon said...

So cute! Your cake actually looks divine. I could never make such perfect polka dots. Your family is so cute, I haven't seen you all in forever. The kids are getting big! Hope you're all doing great!

Bonnie said...

Emma looks so much like Rachel! (Lilliana likes to sleep with the blanket on her face too!) Happy Birthday!:) It looks like you had fun. Oh, Ohio....... What a great place, and what great people!

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Katie!

Kellie said...

What are you talking about? Your cake looks amazing!!! I LOVE IT! Looks like you guys have been up to some fun stuff! Ohio in the fall is so beautiful, you did a great job capturing it. Makes me a little homesick...