Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This and That

We've been enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Jacob starts preschool tomorrow and that will be our first experience with a structured schedule that I didn't structure! It'll be good though. Jacob is excited. He was jumping up and down on his bed when I reminded him about it.

Here's a few other things we've been doing:

Jacob's talents are rich and varied. He discovers new things every day! He figured this spoon trick out all by himself after seeing a picture of me and my sisters with spoons on OUR noses.

We bought sleeping bags for the kids and not only did they play with the sleeping bags all day long, but they also played with the boxes all day long. I think here they were pretending to wear swimming suits and go swimming.


The other day we found a caterpillar outside our garage. We watched it for a while trying to figure out where it might be going. Eventually we had to go inside but the kids diligently check for the caterpillar everytime we went outside again for the next few days. Unfortunately, the caterpillar has not been sighted again.


We took a trip out to the temple to take some pictures for my latest project. We sang "I love to see the temple" several times and climbed on all the rocks and walked all over. The gates were locked or we would have sat on the benches. The kids still had a lot of fun.





Jacob loves trains (needless to say) and loves to pretend he IS a train. He's got a great whistle which rivals real engine whistles. He also likes to take Rachel along for the ride...







2 comments:

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the boxes as swimming suits! Kids have such great imaginations!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Katie,

I am just thinking of you and every time I think to help Olivia with a letter to Jacob it doesn't get finished. Thanks so much for sending those pictures. I am so amazed how much they have grown. It's hard to believe they were ever that small??? Olivia really loved getting that letter. It meant a lot. We'll reply soon! Great latest project by the way!