Tuesday morning we went in for another ultrasound. The doctor thought the baby was the same size as a 34 week old even though I was basically 41 weeks. So he told us to go to the hospital. Go we did.
After dropping the kids off, we were lucky enough to get a room and get started quickly. This delivery resembled Jacob's in that I had to have two epidurals. The first only worked on half of my body. Still, the whole thing took about 8 hours. And we are now very blessed to have a beautiful baby girl! She was 6 lbs 15 oz when she was born so not too small at all.
We haven't decided on a name yet, but we will very soon. She's still trying to figure out how to nurse and is still pretty sleepy. All the nurses comment about how she's the pretty one and never cries.
We'll keep you posted about her name and how we're doing!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am so happy and excited for you guys! I cant wait to see pictures of your beautiful new addition. If you need anything just let me know. I am glad everything went well, besides the two epidurals.
Congrats! Hope everything went well with the delivery and that you're recovering well too. Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girl!
Congratulations on your new baby girl!! I'm sure you are so glad to not be pregnant and to be able to hold her finally. Rest while you can in the hospital. I'm sure her big brother and sister will be so excited to see her!
We need to see some pictures! I'm glad she's finally here.
Yay! Congrats! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!
Congratulations! That's exciting news!
Congratulations!! I have been waiting to hear the news. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you can get some sleep. Love you!
Congrats Katie. Wow, I thought your pregnancy really seemed to go fast. I know it's never like that when YOU are the one pregnant though. Can't wait to see some pics of her.
Congrats Katie. Wow, I thought your pregnancy really seemed to go fast. I know it's never like that when YOU are the one pregnant though. Can't wait to see some pics of her.
Welcome, Welcome!!
Congrats on your "Lucky" baby! I can't wait to see pics!
Actually, I may end up seeing her in person sooner, if that is alright by ya'll. I have something to give you from quilting group. Plus a gift for your as-of-yet-nameless lil girl. I don't want to intrude upon your sleep or anything, so I'll call first.
Congrats again!
Post a Comment