We decided to name the baby Emma Louise Simpson. The Louise is for one of my ancestors, Louise Gilbrandsen Cross, who was a pioneer and cheerfully sacrificed everything to have the gospel in the lives of her children.
The obligatory "I just delivered this baby and now you're taking my picture?" picture.

Totally awake. This didn't happen often in the hospital. In fact, she'd go for 5 hour stretches without eating or waking.

The kids LOVED visitng the baby. Rachel was so excited when Emma would move or make a face.

Jacob couldn't wait to sit in the rocking chair. He didn't want any help but Daddy insisted. He was even VERY good about turning his head when he coughed and washing his hands before he held her.

All the kids exchanged presents. Jacob and Rachel gave Emma some onesies that Jacob colored on and binkies. (That way Rachel doesn't have to give up her OWN binkies!) Emma gave Jacob a train table stop light. Can you tell he was excited?

Emma gave Rachel her own washable crayons and a coloring book. Rachel loves to draw and she was immediately coloring.


We Love you baby Emma!
11 comments:
She is beautiful! Congratulations!!
So glad she's finally here! Hope all are still doing well.
Miss you guys! Ryan was happy that he and Mike are still "twins". We are expecting a baby girl in August.
Oh Katie, I love her name! Sweet pictures. I think she looks like Jacob a little. What days do you need dinner? I'll call you.
What a beautiful baby!! Congratulations! I loved all the gift-exchanging. I'm sure it means a lot to Jacob and Rachel. Good luck with the transition to 3!
Yay! Congratulations! She's beautiful and I love the name. Your family is so cute!
Congrats! I am so happy for you! She is absolutely beautiful. I hope to meet her sometime soon. What adorable kiddos you have.
CONGRATULATIONS!! And you wanna know a secret? We are probably going to name our little one Emma, as well. Great minds think alike, right? :)
how adorable! and I love how much Rachel and Jacob are in love with her already!
Congragulations, Katie! She is just perfect. So beautiful. you're other kids are darling too!
Congratulations Simpson Family! Beautiful name for a beautiful baby....
Congrats! Wow, your family is getting so big! That's awesome. Your kids are darling!
Post a Comment