Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have long awaited Valentine's Day. The kids most of all. Rachel's been asking for pink milk for quite a while! She was excited to dress in her pink Valentine's day clothes with a big pink bow and drink her pink milk. I don't think there's a better holiday for a girl.

We traded valentine's as a family and we each had our own homemade "box" to put them in. Michael's valentines had really cute animal magnets on them, mine were candy necklaces, Jacob's were Lego puzzle valentines and Rachel's had a doggy in a shoe on them. It was almost a miniature Christmas!(that was pink and red, of course).


We decorated giant sugar cookies with lots of icing and sprinkles. I think Jacob used half a bottle of sprinkles. He also specifically requested blue and green icing. I guess the boy can only take so much red, pink and white in one day! Here's the masterful creation...Yes, I promise there's a cookie under all of that sugar!


And here's my valentine to Michael. My sister Kristy inspired me with her fantastic cookie bouquets a few months ago that I wanted to give them a try. Plus, Michael LOVES cookies.

Turned out pretty well, huh? Michael, in turn, gave me the sweetest card and took me out to dinner. What more could a girl ask for?

Happy Valentine's Day!


6 comments:

Katherine said...

Happy Valentine's to you too. Cute pictures!

MamaSulli said...

Boy do we miss you guys.....hugs and love to all of you!

Malinovka said...

Way to go on those cookies for Michael--they look awesome. I love how you gave each other valentines. So cute!

peter said...

Yeah, your cookie bouquets turned out way cute, way to go. Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

those cookie valentines are pretty cute! I have to say, though, that Jacob's cookie is anything but appetizing... who got the 'privilege' of eating it?

Jennifer Kendall said...

Love the cookies... you are super talented! They look yummy, too!