Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Talents

We had a primary talent show last weekend. We signed up for Jacob to do a display. (there was no way he'd ever get up in front of people and perform.) This is the picture he came up with.

He loves to tape things together and often creates a scroll of paper with pictures on it. This one had lots of earths on it. Here's his description:

Jacob: "There are train tracks and I taped 2 crayons on there. There is a red circle and there are lots of earths. There are 1,2,3,4...4 earths. There are lots of colors on the earths. Purple is land. Red is heaven."
Mommy: "Oh, you drew heaven ON the earth?"
Jacob: "that way we don't have to go very far to get there. The blue is water. The orange is clouds and...I don't know what the green and brown are. I just drew the green and brown for fun."

Jacob and Rachel just chilling out on the bean bag. I think Jacob was trying to tickle her face. Notice that Rachel's got her snow boots on. She often appears dressed in SOMEbody's shoes, sometimes hers, sometimes ours. It's always so cute to see the kids playing together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love Jacob's artist statement! perfect! and honestly, i think his art installation is quite captivating... he's got a great eye for composition.