Today I got to have another ultrasound. Apparently I was measuring a little TOO small and the doctor wanted to check the baby and make sure he wasn't too small. I asked if she could take another peek at our shy little one to ascertain whether he's a HE or a SHE. Here's what we saw:
- Beautiful baby! He's got some long legs, a gorgeous heart, and even some hair!
- The baby is about 5 lbs right now. That puts him at about 7 when he's born.
- I apparently have a long waist and just plain measure small so everything is just fine with the baby's size.
- There's a good chance that my "HE" is a "SHE"! That's right. The doctor couldn't tell for certain, but she seemed pretty confident. We had a pretty good laugh about it. So much for mommy intuition. If this baby is a girl though, we're in trouble. All the activity of a boy with the drama of a girl... Good thing we hadn't settled on a name yet!

Here's a face picture. Kinda creepy, huh? You can see the eyes, kinda the nose and the mouth. A little alien-ish but most babies are before they're nice and chubby at birth.

7 comments:
Congratulations! I am very excited for you to have another little girl. That is pretty funny that you thought for sure it was a boy, but its a girl. I am sure you don't have much to worry about cuz your other kiddos are so good. Congrats! Let me know if you ever need me to watch the kiddos.
How fun!! We love little girls... my 3rd girl was super jumpy in the womb, but has calmed down since coming out.... hopefully it will be the same for you!!
We're excited to meet the little Simpson whatever the gender is!! :) Congrats...You're almost done!!!
How crazy!! I guess you will really be in for a surprise when this little one gets here. Better come up with a name for both just in case.
So much for intuition, right?
Is the latest project going to change?
You didn't tell me! Congratulations!
Post a Comment