Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rachel's Birthday

Wow, I can't believe how time flies. Here's some pictures of Rachel's second birthday- When we'd ask how old she was going to be the standard response was "I big girl. Not big baby anymore!"


The Doggy cake. I found a mini bear pan at JoAnn's and stole this idea from someone online. Rachel LOVED it! She kept trying to give it a hug.


She dug right in though when I handed her a fork! She enjoyed that Doggy cake for 3 or 4 days before it was demolished.


Opening Presents-
Jacob gave Rachel a pink doggy. It took some convincing that Rachel would prefer a pink stuffed doggy and not a train! The doggy has since been added to the menagerie in Rachel's crib.

Rachel also got doll clothes from Mommy and Daddy. She was pretty excited to see a dress on her dolly and that she even has a cloth diaper for it!


A baby doll from Grandma and Grandad. The baby has a bed, bottles and feeding tray. Since Rachel loves to tote around spoons and cups, this doll was an instant hit.


Running around with dress up clothes from Grandma and Grandpa. Princess dresses are ALWAYS in style!

Happy Birthday Big Girl!

4 comments:

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

That cake is AWESOME!!! I am impressed. I can't believe Rachel is 2. What happened to our babies?

Larsens said...

I have to agree, the cake is awesome. I have never seen anything like it.
Happy birthday to Rachel. Can't believe she is already 2.

Katherine said...

Girl stuff is fun! I can't believe she's 2!!! Sooooo grown up!!

Michelle said...

Whoa Katie - I have been staring at that cake for the past . . . well for a long time! I am completely in awe - it's darling!! Love that Jacob wanted to get her a train - of course, what in the world would she want a pink doggy for:):)