Yes, it finally happened. I swore that I'd be so careful with the crayons that none of my kids would never draw on the walls. Naive, I know. In my defense, it happened on Daddy time. :) Rachel had a great time drawing black scribbles on my freshly painted off-white walls. We finally found all of the stray crayons and have banished them for the time being.
So now what do I do with the crayon on my wall? Magic Erasers always leave scuffs and scratches but I tried it a little anyway. Yeah, that's not going to work. I really don't want to repaint my wall. There were lots of ideas online: hairdryers, dryer sheets, goo gone...
So now what do I do with the crayon on my wall? Magic Erasers always leave scuffs and scratches but I tried it a little anyway. Yeah, that's not going to work. I really don't want to repaint my wall. There were lots of ideas online: hairdryers, dryer sheets, goo gone...
But the one that actually worked? WD-40. No kidding. Just spray a little on a paper towel and wipe the crayon off. Amazing! Of course, I had to wash the spot with soap too but, WOW! That's one category Magic Erasers lose in.

3 comments:
Never experienced crayon marks on the wall because Alex didn't want to have anything to do with any kind of writing instruments until he went to kindergarten.
Nice to know about WD-40. I have sworn many years that it is the answer to many life's problems.
Wow, WD-40, huh? Mierae has done her fair share of scribbling on our walls, and we tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser avenue without great satisfaction. We'll have to try your brilliant plan. Thanks for the advice!
Good to know...it's on the shopping list now.
Post a Comment