Friday, August 8, 2008

BIG TRUCKS

A few weeks ago we went to the annual Touch a Truck event in Westerville where there are a billion big trucks out for the kids to climb in, drive and honk horns. Jacob was in heaven.

This was a city bus. Jacob was really excited to get on one. The first two years of dental school Daddy rode a city bus and Jacob was always excited about it. He was even more excited to go out the side door.

This was a cement mixer. It was HUGE! The horn was scaring the kids so we tried not to honk it. I don't think Jacob could have found it anyway. It was a trucker pull line horn.


This was how I handled all of this with two kids. That sucker kept Rachel busy for quite a while. I still haven't figured out how to do some things with more than one child!


The John Deere Tractor/lawnmower. Both kids were really excited with all the buttons, knobs, levers and anything else they could find to play with!


Rachel trying on Jacob's construction hat. It was a little big. She loved it though.


Jacob driving the fire engine. I kept reminding him that he could pretend to drive because the truck wasn't going to go and leave mommy since the engine wasn't on. The fears of a 3 year old! But wow, look at that smile.

2 comments:

Malinovka said...

How fun! I wish I knew about these things. My kids would have loved it.

aquabatgirl said...

wow calvin would love that too! how much fun