The other day after quiet time, I walked in to find a big pile of toys, books and other assorted items in the middle of the room. Jacob explained that it was the landfill and that the empty boxes and baskets were the garbage cans. I thought that was pretty ingenious but today I got an even bigger laugh out of it.
I was doing things in the same room as Jacob during quiet time and I actually got to watch the process in action. He filled up all of the "garbage cans" and then asked me for help to put them in the middle of the room, or as he calle dit, the "curve" (curb). He then layed down beside one basket, wrapped his legs around it and then lifted his legs (and basket) up into the air. Of course, all of the "garbage" fell onto his tummy and face! While still laying down he scooted over a couple of feet and dumped it in the "landfill". Then he scooted back to get some more garbage.
I was pretty impressed not only with his physical capabilities but with his imagination. It was pretty funny. I wish I had time to grab the camera! Maybe later I can catch a video...
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so cute! Boys sound like fun!
That is the funniest thing i have ever heard. Wow! He sure is very creative and imaginative (i am sure he gets it from his AMAZING mother). That is so darn cute.
Oh, Katie! What a funny boy! How fun to see the whole plan in action, very clever. I believe there is a Curious George episode where George looks for the yellow hat in a landfill. Makes you feel better about a little t.v., they actually do learn something. I mean, who doesn't want their child to be fully informed about landfills?
p.s. hope you guys are loving your new place and residency. we miss you.
Post a Comment