We are finally getting settled into our new home! Well, it's not really NEW, but it's the place we will call home for the next two years. Packing was fun. We have way too much stuff. And we felt really bad for the brave souls who showed up to help us move. Despite a downpour and small truck, we got it done in a few hours. And I've gotta tell ya, I've never had so many bruises all over like I do now! And falling into bed that night (thanks B and Steph for putting that toghether for us!) was never so sweet.
Michael started his residency two days later and loves it. Of course, right now things are pretty slow and he's mostly taking classes, but he's already getting excited. I think he's more excited about his own office space in our bedroom though. That's like a dream come true!
We were kind of in limbo for a week while we got the vital things situated (like getting the kitchen operating and the cribs set up) and while we prepared to paint. Our 4th of July weekend was full of painting. The idea was a little daunting, but not so much since my dad utilized us as free labor several times during our childhood. This was the first time I was ever grateful for the experience! We painted the living room and dining room. The kitchen and hallway will come later. The difference is tremendous and we're pretty proud of ourselves. Now we're just finishing things up! I wonder how long this phase will go on for...
Michael started his residency two days later and loves it. Of course, right now things are pretty slow and he's mostly taking classes, but he's already getting excited. I think he's more excited about his own office space in our bedroom though. That's like a dream come true!
We were kind of in limbo for a week while we got the vital things situated (like getting the kitchen operating and the cribs set up) and while we prepared to paint. Our 4th of July weekend was full of painting. The idea was a little daunting, but not so much since my dad utilized us as free labor several times during our childhood. This was the first time I was ever grateful for the experience! We painted the living room and dining room. The kitchen and hallway will come later. The difference is tremendous and we're pretty proud of ourselves. Now we're just finishing things up! I wonder how long this phase will go on for...

2 comments:
I didn't know you were moving. Congrats on the new place. Pictures, please...and a new address.
I'm glad you got all moved. Good for you for painting. I was always too cheap. Hope you are enjoying the new place. We really liked it there.
Post a Comment