Monday, May 5, 2008

Tag, You're it!

Who invented this tag thing? And why can I never think of good things when I sit down to write them out?

Here's the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. I love to build things. I love Home Depot just as much as Joann's. With both, the possibilities are endless. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to build or fix things. Well, not REAL things. So I take one project at a time and learn how to do it. You know what stinks about building things? I get a lot of strange looks and offers for help at the hardware store. Apparently most guys don't think a girl can do it. Either that, or they think too highly of women to LET you do it. Good thing I'm a Gibson and have that 'equality/prove-you-wrong' gene!

2. I'm afraid to decorate my house. We're still in the shabby chic, mismatched, decorating phase but I'm really afraid for when I have a house of my own and I have to decorate it. Not only am I afraid to spend the money on it (because if you decide hate it, that means a whole lot of work and money to fix!), but I have a hard time visualizing a harmonious whole with each thing I choose. Plus, Michael and I are practical people (him more so) and pointless decorations are hard for me to allot space to.

3. I love driving with my windows down. This may sound trivial and not that strange. But I have great memories of driving home at night from mutual or whatever with the windows down and freshly mowed alfalfa in the breeze. But, where I would love a convertible, Michael doesn't like it at all. Something about too much pollution. Plus, my kids in the back seat go through a tornado anytime I try it. When I am lucky enough to go somewhere alone, (and the weather isn't 20*!) the windows are down.

4. I need sleep. I am the crabbiest, moodiest person when I don't get much sleep. Which is one of the reasons I can't stand it when my kids get sick and having a new baby seems like an enormously daunting task!

5.I love to be warm. Maybe it's innate to anyone who grew up in Arizona, but I love it. One of the best feelings? Standing outside at sunset after a hot day letting the warmth wash over me.

6.

7.

I can't think of anything else that is remotely interesting about me. Maybe someone out there has some suggestions...(note to my brothers: NICE suggestions!)

Here are the people I'm tagging: Jessica S., Elizabeth!, and Angie.

2 comments:

peter said...

Katie, another thing about you is that you used to lure men in with your giant telescope, "come out with me and look at the stars...hint, hint."

I love you so much (this is Kristy!)

Anonymous said...

You are freaking amazing at Catch Phrase, and speaking in binary :)