Michael called Wednesday night on his way home from Children's Hospital where he was finishing his last day of Ohio project. He let me know when he was going to be home and then said that he had some earth shattering news, GOOD news, to share with me. The forewarning was to allow me time to maybe take it standing up.
Instantly my mind started speeding with possibilities. What could be so earth shatteringly good? I had some pretty good ideas, some pretty far-fetched. At least I know that it had nothing to do with my side of the family!
When Michael got home, we sat down to dinner and I started firing my guesses at him. Yes, I'm a guesser. Whenever he says "guess what", I do. A lot of times I can hit it on the head. Sometimes I need hints. This time, my initial guesses were way off.
I started with family guesses. Nope. How about friends? Nope. School? Graduation? No, that's not it. Something about your endodontic fellowship beginning after graduation? No, but it's along the right track. Are you going to start your Residency now instead of in a year? Bingo.
Silence...Explosion. NO WAY!!! Apparently one of the residents is unable to take their place next year and OSU needed another resident. First in line? As next year's fellow, Michael.
So what does that mean? It means we will be here in Ohio for only 2 more years, not 3. It means that Heavenly Father must want Michael done with school in 2 years for some unknown reason. It means that boy, are we glad we didn't buy a house! It means a lot of hard work for Michael and no slower-paced year in between dental school and residency.
We're still reeling from the change in our life. It might not sound like much, but it improves and changes our plans for our future and family quite a bit. What a wonderful, welcome blessing!
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
And then you'll move to Indy after 2 years, right?? We're happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What great news!! It's so wonderful to get that extra insight into what Heavenly Father had in store for you!
Robyn
well katie i have to say i outguessed you cause starting his residency now was my first thought! congratulations and how exciting! having one less year will make up for not having that relaxing year!
Yay! Congratulations!!!!!
Post a Comment