Yes, FINALLY! It seems like we've been way too cold for way too long. The world is starting to awaken again with flowers, trees and grass. I feel like I'M waking up again too!
This week was beautiful. So Jacob insisted on riding his tricycle every evening after dinner. He's finally learning the concept of pedaling and can actually make himself go. He's so proud of himself!
Rachel can't be left out either, of course.
Every night the kids anxiously await Daddy coming home. Jacob pulls up the blinds and they both watch for his car. If Rachel's all the way across the house, all I have to say is "Rach, is Daddy home? Can you see Daddy?" and she'll take off like a shot and search valiantly out the window until she can see him.
Rachel is also learning how to say prayers. This is her attempt at folding her arms. At the end of the prayer, she gives a hearty yell with a big smile on her face. "Amen!"
When we made pizza this week, we also tried a dessert pizza. It didn't work very well, but the kids were excited to help lick the whipped cream!
Jacob's friend, Kassie, came over to play today. Once they got over the "not sharing" issue, they had a great time. The biggest hit was my keyboard. Kassie played Unicorn and Princess music and Jacob played the train song (both were the demo button already preprogammed into the keyboard). Kassie also did a beautiful interpretive dance. When they decided to share the stool, I couldn't take it anymore, I just had to get a picture!

2 comments:
Katie! Your kids are so beautiful. It sounds like you guys are doing so awesomely. I love reading your blog. Hey, I started a blog in the last few weeks! If you want to check it out, go to:
http://thewholeebang.blogspot.com/
-E!
Rachel is such a cutie in her dress. The kids are growing up too fast!
Post a Comment