Friday, April 25, 2008

Posting Pictures

So, I love how I first posted the last post about our great weekend with no pictures and the comments came rolling in... I'm not sure if I'm just blogger handicapped but I swear, posting pictures and getting the format right is a big pain in the neck! Sometimes they won't load because of the server, sometimes you can't click on them to enlarge them when they're posted, sometimes I can't even get a decent line break to stick! I've taken to inserting < /br >in the html code just so I can have some space in between my paragraphs and pictures.

< /br >So maybe I am handicapped or maybe I just do things the hard way...or maybe I'm not the only other blogger out there who sometimes contemplates posting either just pictures or just words so I don't even have to deal with it!

3 comments:

Heather A said...

I've had that issue too until I discovered you can switch back and forth from html view to preview. You can look at the preview to see where the pictures end up and then go back to html and cut and paste the picture text exactly where you want it. It is a really long filename, but worth it to be able to move it around. From what I have seen, the filenames start with and end with , or something like that. The link to switch back and forth is right above the post on the right side (I think). I know what you mean. It is very frustrating to get a picture where you want it, and then when you view the completed post, it is somewhere very different! AHHHHH! So, try it out and let me know how it works. Ryan clued me in on this, I didn't figure it out myself.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

I'm with you on this Katie....which is why i usually have a post either with all pictures and no words or vice versa...I need to figure this whole thing out. You'd think I'd get Scott to give me the know how..

aquabatgirl said...

i have some friends that load their pictures from picasa since they have a hard time loading them straight from their own files. maybe that will up in the pictures not loading problem