Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Can you believe this?

Michael came home from school today talking about this radio show he heard. The host said he has done this before and honestly, what mother hasn't? I've left Jacob in the car while I ran into the post office to put some letters in the mailbox. So now my mind is swirling with injustice and frustration and seriously, where do you draw the line? Personally, I think people are too worried about what everyone else is doing. You know, that mote and beam principle.

5 comments:

Celissa said...

Holy moley!! I guess I would have to be arrested too. They would probably need to arrest a whole lot of moms!

Katherine said...

Katie, I have done the same thing. I can't believe that!

Katie said...

Grandma and I would have been locked up in our day under today's rules. We left your Dad in the car once in a while for a minute whilegoing into the post office. We did not have seat belts,nor car carriers but let the kids sit in the back seat, facing forward or turned around looking out the rear window.
We never had one hurt in the car. Times have changed! You two are excellent parents and don't let the liberal press try to convince you otherwise.
Grandad

Laura said...

Sometimes you have to leave your kiddo in the car to run the grocery shopping cart back to its place, and that's definitely more than 10 yards away. I would have been so mad if I were this mom. This officer obviously had too much time on hand.

Anonymous said...

Jacob looks like a little Missionary in his white shirt and blue tie! .We loved the pictures of the kids. They are growing so fast. Thanks for the fun!
Grandad