Friday, February 8, 2008

Contacts

So I went to see an optometrist for the first time in 2 years. Yikes. And the only reason I did that is because my contacts ran out. Good news: I really liked the optometrist. (I've had a scary experience before) Bad news: I've been overextending the capabilities of my eyes. In a nutshell, I wear my contacts too much each day and keep them WAY longer than I should. Result? The bloodvessels in my eyes are being weakened. Now I have to wear glasses at least 4-5 hours a day (indefinitely)(which really stinks because my kids have a "glasses magnet" in them) and make sure to throw those old contacts OUT even if they are not bothering my eyes.

This is intended to be a word of warning for all of you contact wearers out there who are too cheap or lazy (I'm both) to actually dispose them at the appointed time! I'm living proof that the consequences are no good.

4 comments:

Dan and Shauna said...

That's good to know- I am also guilty of both!

aquabatgirl said...

well so far i've been blessed but i sure have some type of compensation since i've been wearing glasses since fifth grade. sounds like we both just need to get lasik!

Laura said...

Thanks for the info. I can't even say I know how long I'm supposed to wear my lenses. I just throw them out when I feel like I've been wearing them for a while. I think that attitude would make any eye doctor cringe :-

peter said...

I'm sorry Katie, that doesn't sound like much fun...but at least you weren't told you were going blind or something like that. Thank goodness for the "bright side." :)