Friday, December 14, 2007

More Adventures

Just before Rachel's birthday we took her to the doctor. She'd had a cold but her temperature was creeping up. Michael was concerned because she was pretty lethargic. I thought she just didn't feel good. The doctor told me she had an ear infection and pneumonia. That scared me. I always thought pnemonia was something to be hospitalized for. We took her home and I sent Michael out for antibiotics. Finding them took a lot longer than it should have (poor guy) and while he was gone, Rachel got a lot worse. She couldn't keep any food down, she started shaking with chills and her feet and hands were turning blue.


Yeah, I was scared.

I put her thick pajamas on and wrapped her up in a big blanket and started rubbing her hands and feet. By the time Michael got home she was doing a little better. He gave her a blessing, we got some medicine into her and put her to bed. I checked on her a few hours later and her fever was going down and she seemed a little more comfortable. I honestly think that without that blessing she would have gone to the hospital. At the very least, recovery would have been much much slower and harder. She's back to her old self now and it's amazing how much we missed hearing her laugh and play!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

We are so glad that is over! She had us worried!

aquabatgirl said...

scary. not the part of motherhood you enjoy or ever hope happens. glad to hear she is feeling herself again